Monday 22 July 2013

DoubleTree by Hilton, Milwaukee Downtown

Date of stay: 11th Jul'13
Duration: 2 nights
Booking agent: Direct
Paid: U$504.14 (U$219 for room, U$33.07 for taxes PER NIGHT)
Wifi: Free
Breakfast: Local

Bottled water: 2 everyday in the fridge

From Boston, I flew to Chicago and being picked to somewhere near Rockford for a meeting, and then made my way to Milwaukee in Wisconsin.

The hotel is located Downtown, and very convenient to walk around for some sightseeing.

The outside

Very friendly reception - as HHonors member, I was told the room was specially prepared for me, and that I would love my room.

The waiting lobby

Oooh... I love my corner room.. and the super king sized bed!

The room was big with ample of natural lights from the outside

The mini pantry, and work desk.. the tv seems a little too far away from the bed.. :-p

It was my first time seeing a microwave oven in a hotel room (not suite, mind you!)

Coffee maker

Standard bathroom

How I missed Crabtree & Evelyn toiletries.. with something I've never seen before, MOUTHWASH!

Extra bath bar too

Fresh fruits @ breakfast was marvellous

The hotel was within 10 minutes walking from the AMTRAK station. If you asked, they would offer to give you a ride to the train station too, if you, like me, do not think you can handle your luggage walking for 3 blocks.

I took a train to Downtown Chicago. Punctual, clean, and neat, for U$24.00 (1.5 hours ride).


For more details:

Website: www.doubletreemilwaukee.com

Address: 611 West Wisconsin Avenue, Milwaukee, Winsconsin 53203

Tel: +1 (414) 273-2950

PS: If you drive, you'll have to pay for valet parking, U$15.00 per day charge.

No comments:

Post a Comment