Monday 22 July 2013

Hilton Rosemont/Chicago O'Hare

Date of stay: 13th Jul'13
Duration: 2
Booking Agent: Direct
Paid: U$342.46 (U$119 for the room on 1st night, U$159 for the room on 2nd night, U$3.83 for 2 bottles of mineral water, U$24.49 for breakfast and all others are for local and state taxes)
Wifi: Not sure
Breakfast: Not provided

Bottled water: Chargeable (call for room service)

If not Doubletree by Hilton in O'Hare fully booked for the weekend, and that Hilton provides free shuttle to the airport, I probably wouldn't have chose Hilton.

And I thought I've got a high class hotel, HILTON..

I took a cab from Downtown Chicago, Union Station to the hotel. When I stepped in, it was buzzling with men in neck ties, and women in pretty dresses, but it was BUZZLING.. something I didn't expect for a 4 stars hotel.

I couldn't believe my ears and eyes when I made my way to my room, really. And there was no bottled water in the room so I asked for them to be sent. I didn't know I would be charged for that till I received the bill slipped in to the room from under the door. Seriously, they could have done better if they informed me that I would be charged first, not that I wouldn't need water if it's chargeable, but that's basic courtesy.

Cosy king sized bed

Standard lean work desk and TV

Neat and nice bathroom

Peter Thomas Roth toiletries
 I woke up the next morning to finally realise breakfast was not included in the room rate. I called the frontdesk to confirm too. Can't believe I made that mistake. And so I ordered room service.

U$24.49 (inclusive of taxes and gratuity) for this, kinda really expensive

There was nothing to shout for, for this hotel. The service was not exactly one of the best. It's like a buzzling cheap hotels.

For more details:

Website: http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/illinois/hilton-rosemont-chicago-ohare-ORDHRHH/index.html

Address: 5550 North River Road, Rosemont, Illinois 60018

Tel: +1 (847) 678-4244

PS: If you drive there, you'll have to self-park at U$22 per night.

No comments:

Post a Comment