Monday 22 July 2013

Hampton Inn Boston-Norwood

Date of stay: 9th Jul'13
Duration: 2 nights
Booking agent: Direct
Paid: U$399.88 (U$179 for room, U$10.74 for local tax, U$10.20 for state tax - PER NIGHT)
Wifi: Free
Breakfast: Local

Bottled water: None (I was given one at the reception as I was choking when I checked-in)

It took me a good whole hour or more (I can't remember anymore due to the bad jet-lag upon check-in). I arrived in Boston at almost 6pm on 9th Jul'13 US Time, a good 30 hours after I departed from Singapore.

Checking-in into hotels in the States were really a breeze. All they needed was my last name, ID (which was my passport) and my credit card for verification. Less than 5 minutes, I'll be given the key to my room. Given my patience is as thin as paper or air.. it was really cool.

Very neat reception

The lift lobby upstairs

Cosy king sized bed

Work desk and TV

The bathroom


The small bath tub
One thing I had some adjusting to do, was the lack of toiletries or bedroom slippers. I felt really lucky I didn't dispose the bedroom slippers I brought for the long flight, and that I brought a good pair this trip. So I made use of it the whole of my 19 days trip.


Culture difference - no shower gel?

That's the "shower gel" :-p

Exploring the floor

Ice vending machine

Snacks and beverages vending machine

Breakfast

Coffee station

Breakfast lounge

Neat one

big one too

I was devastatedly disappointed that my coffee came in paper cups, and that they used disposables, was really upset, although i know the plate and the bowl are degradeables.


For more details:

Website: http://hamptoninn3.hilton.com/en/hotels/massachusetts/hampton-inn-boston-norwood-BOSNWHX/index.html

Address: 434 Providence Highway (Rt. 1), Norwood, Massachusetts, 02062, USA

Tel: +1 (781) 769-7000

BTW, if you drive in the States, carpark is complimentary in this hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment