Thursday 20 June 2013

Ambush @ Junction 8, Bishan

Date patronised: 20th Jun'13 (late morning)
No. of people: 2
Spent: S$25 (for 2 set lunch)

We were actually looking for Poulet when we came across Ambush stating "Fast Casual European Dining". To be honest, European dining could be anything but fast. Pizza is, fast. Oh well, I can argue till the cow come home.. Singapore needs everything fast fast!

Anyway, we decided to give this place a try. Although I've taken probably millions of photos of the food I eat, I'm still not quite used to taking photo of a restaurant as a whole. Well, I know I probably should have taken the main signboard, the overall ambience, food and all, but really, I'm improvising, improving by the day. I am very worried though, that people might get unhappy if they saw me taking photos, not of them, but they thought I was? Arggh.. think too much, but Asians aren't all that camera friendly, really.

There was a lady service crew (thought she looked like a Filipino) approaching when we stepped in, and I gestured table for 2. She shrugged and gave me an expression I couldn't figure, so I said "we are free to sit anywhere we want right?" as there was only one customer there. And she gave me another face.


It was almost empty when we arrived at 11-ish
I chose to sit at a corner, the crew came to us to pass us the set lunch menu. They do have ala-carte menu in a very cute newspaper form, but I didn't take photo of that. Next time, I promise (if there is).

She looked really unhappy with us when we gestured that we were ready to order. Just as she was about to walk away to fetch our soups, my friend suggested to her to smile more as she look prettier if she smiles. She kinda ignored my friend's remark with another face. I swear I could see she was on the verge of breaking down when she came back with our soups. Bad day, we concluded, but customer service staffs should know better than to portray emotions (negative ones) on their face, towards their customers.

Then the floor service was taken over by an Indian guy (his name tag "Charlie") who came to us and asked if we needed water. Then I casually asked if his colleague was not feeling well. He then joked about they could give medicine too if we were feeling unwell etc. This is what we called excellent customer service, really.

Oh ya, they offer complimentary soup and drink from 11am to 5pm.

Cream Corn Soup - BAD! it was too bland and chewy for me, the residue somehow made me feel it was blended and dumped into the bowl - portion was big though (I wish the portion was smaller as the soup was really not nice - we had to put them aside). Later on, you would realise I finished up the soup, as I guess that probably was my main course.
 
My friend's Fountain Grape Drink and my Iced-Tea (sugar syrup to add to our taste)
 
Our mains: Baby Scallop Fish Roe Cream Sauce (my friend finished 3/4 and I didn't finish even half)
   Reflecting back, it was my bad for not reading the description as it was "CREAM SAUCE", the photo on the menu was a dry one, I assumed, presumed a little too quickly that it was AGLIO OLIO. So you can imagine my disappointment. Anyway, this meal served as another confirmation that I DO NOT LIKE cream sauce spaghetti, they are too rich for me.

The roe was super crunchy though - thank goodness

Around 12+, the place started to fill with office staffs. It was officially lunch time.

If I were to patronise again, I would probably choose to try their sausages (recommended by my friend and some blogs) and some other things. That's when the cream sauce taste all gone from my taste buds..


Address: Junction 8, Bishan Place (#02-19/20/27)
Website: Unknown
Tel: +65 63533960


No comments:

Post a Comment