Thursday 13 June 2013

I am a CRITIC

I make a difficult customer, I confess.
(I think) I am not exactly very fussy, but I can be very particular about...
# how coffee is served..  (old town coffee should be served in the traditional cup and saucer, with greenish deco on them.. brewed black coffee should be served in white porcelain cup and saucer, with a metalic teaspoon at the side, with sugar and milk jar at my convenience)
Traditional

Brewed

# how milk is served..  (they should be served in a tall slim transparent glass)
A glass of milk standing tall
(and oh by the way, the shape of the cups/glasses DO matter!)
# how pasta is eaten..  (to be eaten using a metal fork, curled like the Italian way, and NOT using CHOPSTICKS nor a PLASTIC fork!)
# how trains should be on time.. (all the time!)
# how toilet should be kept dry for the convenience of others.. (yuck!)
# customer service..  (frontline should be all smiley.. I understand everyone has bad days.. oh well, it’s not my job to judge, but I am a CRITIC)
I could go on and on about things I am PARTICULAR about..
And so I started this blog, the idea popped in my head while I was grumbling about something in my trip to Taiwan recently (came back to SG yesterday).
I do not call myself a frequent traveler, although I travel quite frequently the past 7.5 years for work. I do enjoy traveling. I would suffer from withdrawal symptoms if I do not travel for more than 2 months. Who doesn’t? Traveling is made easy these days.
I should have started this blog then, but I figured I’m more a CRITIC now than EVER.
This blog is not just about traveling though, I am a CRITIC for every single thing that I do, I see, I came across, that worth criticism.
  
From Wikipedia as of 13.06.2013:
A critic is defined as someone professional who is communicating their opinions and assessments of creative work such as art, literature, music, cinema, theater, fashion, architecture, and food. Critical judgments, whether derived of critical thinking or not, may be positive, negative, or balanced, weighing a combination of factors both for and against.

I shall extend the definition to anything I like to criticise. My point is, I am a CRITIC, but it doesn't mean only negative stuffs. They could be positive, negative as well as NEUTRAL. 

No comments:

Post a Comment