Wednesday 21 August 2013

Excellent Emirates!

Date: 20th Aug'13
Spent: S$734.70 (for return flights SIN-MELBOURNE)


It was a last minute decision to join my girlfriend to her business trip to Melbourne. It's going to be my first solo (cum girlfriends) holiday. I'm very excited about it.

I was comparing flight tickets fare online and decided Emirates gives me the best deal (same as CheapTickets.SG). Hubby says Emirates is world class airline.

I was making payment for my flights when my credit card just couldn't get through. Not once, not twice, but thrice. And then I was told I have exceeded the number of attempts allowed and that I had to choose other payment options, which was NETS. Obviously, that wouldn't be my choice if possible, how much cash rebate can I get via credit card payment you know?

So I did the unbearable, I called their Customer Service. The call was smooth, I was connected to a human being within a minute. He sounded like an Indian, but he spoke so clearly and slowly that I was very impressed. He first explained that I couldn't do it after 3 attempts for security reason.

Throughout the call, he confirmed my particulars, retrieved my failed attempt booking, and then he reinstated it, and then told me that he would try to make payment via phone. He also explained in length what I would expect if he COULD and COULD NOT make the payment.

If he COULD, I would get my reservations, obviously.

If he COULD NOT: I would have to try again with the credit card 24 hours from this attempt

So we decided to try another credit card instead. What if there's no seats available tomorrow?

Payment was successful, he then asked me about my meal preference, my seating preference and then he made sure I get my tickets via email. While he knew it would take some time, he made small talk with me, why I'm going to Melbourne and all.

It was a very long call, but I didn't detest any second of it.. perhaps a little when he went in length even about my baggage allowance, liquids that is allowable etc, but that's just show how detail he was.

And so I received my tickets, he also reminded me that I could check-in online 24 hours before departure if I wish so that I do not have to be at the airport 3 hours before departure.

This is new to me, as for Singapore Airlines, we can check-in 48 hours before departure, OR we have to be at the airport 2 hours before departure.

I was very happy when I ended the call and decided to drop a compliment to Emirates. It was fairly easy to do so, as Emirates websites has choices, whether to give Complaint or Compliment.

Today, I received their feedback. I'm glad he's recognised for his good service. Hope there are many more to come.. and I'm so looking forward to go onboard Emirates!

No comments:

Post a Comment