Monday 26 August 2013

The good and the not so good about US..

Can't believe I've been back from the States for almost a month now. As it was my first trip there, it was a really good experience for me, work and personal.

Good things I like about the States:
1) The speedy check-out from the hotels! They slipped the invoices through the door so that I could check if the bill was right and I could just walk out of the door without the need to go to the front desk to check-out!
2) The number of tv channel.. I love watching TV in the States! I have to admit that it was probably coz I had the time (yup, I spent 3 weeks there, I had plenty of time), and most importantly, my son was not with me, I could watch without interruption! :-D
3) The big big big houses.. and they all look very nice. It was really unfortunate, no one invited me to their house, otherwise it would be another good eye opener.. haha!
4) Most of the hotels I stayed in have microwave ovens.. wahaha!
5) The gratuity system! I like it when I was served by the same friendly staff when I dine, and I really think the customer service level is so high compared to in Singapore.. or Malaysia..

Not so good things:
1) The speedy check-out made me felt like being chased to check-out fast fast!
2) Coffee is everywhere which is fantastic, but not all of them are good coffee and Americans like their coffee in paper cups and on the go. Although I like on the go at times, I do prefer sitting down and enjoy my cuppa too.
3) All the meals are in gigantic portions, at least for me. I couldn't finish even their salads, not to think about ordering appetiser and main. It got so bad that towards the midst of my trip, I got so sick of the portion, the moment they serve my food, I was almost full. And so, the microwave oven in the room came handy, to heat up food that I took away. A plate of pasta I ordered for dinner in Anaheim, I could eat for 3 meals.. that dinner, next day breakfast and lunch!
4) Most hotels do not provide full range of toiletries (body shampoo, shampoo, conditioner, face soap, shower cap, toothpaste and toothbrush) and no bedroom slippers too... :-/
5) I do not like to use disposables.. even if they are biodegradeable.. I really thought it's not going to help the environment and I felt sad.. imagine, a country like US, so huge, how much waste are they producing daily?

No comments:

Post a Comment