Wednesday 21 August 2013

Ma Maison @ Bugis+

Date patronised: 18th Aug'13
No. of pax: 2+1
Spent: I'm not sure, hubby picked the bill

I didn't really feel like taking pictures of the place and blog about it. Mainly coz I regretted my decision to lunch there.

I had a great time having lunch with my girlfriends in Ma Maison Bugis, I didn't take note of what they really serve before suggesting to hubby to try them.

So son and I went to get a seat while hubby put shoppings into the car.

My son went to a 2 seaters immediately while I struggled to pull a highchair out. Son insisted not sitting on a high chair. Then came a male staff that sound like a Filipino and asked how many we were and suggested that I take bigger table instead.

Before I go further, please bear with me that the arrangement of the place such that there are 2 sections, so this one is separate by a small aisle for passerby to walk by obviously, from the kitchen, cashier and the staffs. So, not that we didn't wait to be seated, but it somehow didn't work that way.

Anyway, he didn't sound very friendly, but we were given menu right away, and asked if I wanted cold or warm water. He got a small cup with straw for dear son and a bigger mug for me.

I took a long time deciding what to eat, as I was obviously regretting my choice. There was almost nothing I could order for my son's lunch! But.. I was served water, so I can't just say thank you but no thank you, right? Though technically I can, I wouldn't do it.

After what seemed a long time, I ordered Tonkatsu pork cutlet (below picture) as son would like to have crunchy with his rice.

Hubby joined us later, he too, didn't know what to eat. And he decided not to order. The menu already put his appetite off. The staff didn't offer him water by the way. So he took mine instead.

To my horror when the Tonkatsu came, I asked "no rice?", he answered "if you want, you can order the set, ma'am".. sounded really not nice. So I said it's ok.

We made do with the set.

Not that I didn't want to top up for a set, but the sound of it, he wasn't very happy. I was not very happy too. He should have told me there's set option when I ordered... I could have missed it.. I could have not understood the menu, etc...

Long story cut short, I couldn't wait to leave the restaurant, that is why you see, I didn't even bother to see how much hubby paid for the lunch.

And I posted on my Facebook immediately, about how the customer service sucks here.

It was as if he could read my Facebook update real time, he was all friendly when hubby paid. He even offered dear son a basket of toys, and asked him to choose one. And for that second, he smiled widely.

How handsome he looked when he did smile.

Singapore customer service standard? Way to go manz!
The Tonkatsu Pork Cutlet - really juicy, succulent, tender, crispy - yummy

The boy was happy of course with the little gift from them

PS: In the end we bought a cup of bubble tea from Gongcha due to the unsatisfaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment